Thursday, October 14, 2010

Glimpses from September

I know I tell a lot of stories about people I meet here in Philly on this blog, but I have someone else I want you all to meet.

This is Bruce (& the Philadelphia Museum of Art).

Bruce is a 10-speed, 1970's era Huffy. He is my road bike, my trusty steed, if you will.
We travel together to and from work everyday (except when it rains.)
We also go on a number of trips together outside of work.
We've been exploring Philadelphia together- I've been taking plenty of pictures (you know how I do) and Bruce, he's been beneath me the entire time (he's not much of a photographer).

For the last month, I've been out and about seeing and settling into life in the city of brotherly love. I hope to make photos a regular (see: hopefully once a month, if not more often) feature of this blog. Some will be explained, others will speak for themselves, some will do both, and even more, I would hope, will take on their own voice and vision.

Below are glimpses from September, from Cape May on Labor Day to sights from Kensington & grand tours of Philly with Bruce. May they show you what I have seen and reveal what your eyes are meant to see.

Gabi celebrating Mexican Independence Day
@ Penn's Landing


SSJ MCVs leaving our mark on Independence Hall


Oh what tourists we are.



Visitation rising from Kensington


The vision of Visitation that takes me back to Manila


3 comments:

  1. beautiful photos, Colleen! thanks for sharing a little of your (visual) life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like them Jackie & Christine! Thanks for the encouragement- there are definitely more where those came from.

    ReplyDelete